"Words ought to be a little wild for they are the assaults of thought of the unthinking." ~~ John Maynard Keynes

Saturday, April 16, 2011

When all else is lost....

Hope
~~jkr

Hope is a stubborn seed.
It grows without promise,
Without nurturing,
Without love even.
Hope expects nothing,
but believes in everything.
Facing the worst odds,
Hope will still stand up and say,
“Here I am.”

Hope is able to slough off the detritus that weighs
all else down,
and approach each moment with newness.
Hope stands beside you in the door frame
on the threshold of the unknown,
and says, "be brave."  
Hope has
a naïve but valiant ability
to see beyond the impossible.
Hope will ignore all the signs
that turn a more feeble heart back
Those voices that say,
“You can’t,” “it won’t,” “we will not.”
Hope says, "here I am," "We can do this together." 

Even when love seems lost,
Hope is a persistent seed
that pushes itself
through bedrock
to say, “Here I am.”
Hope knows I have not given up and neither should you.

        And some words from Emily....

“Hope” is the thing with feathers
~~Emily Dickinson

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all - 
And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm - 
I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.

       And some song lyrics......

The Cave
  ~~Mumford and Sons

But I will hold on hope
And I won't let you choke
On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
And I will change my ways
I'll know my name as it's called again

1 comment:

  1. Love the last line "Hope knows I have not given up and neither should you"! and i heart ED.

    ReplyDelete