"Words ought to be a little wild for they are the assaults of thought of the unthinking." ~~ John Maynard Keynes

Friday, May 6, 2011

I am a collector

...of the traditional, such as: rocks, shells and stamps.  I am also a collector of the intangible, such as stories and memories, like this one, posted today in honor of my mother: an amazing person who continues to inspire me; and, one half of the symphony that has guided me and for which I lack the words to express my gratitude.

Memories
One quietly hums while the other softly sings
Creating a symphony
That jars me out of my reverie
Into the present,
Where I am suddenly aware
I have been given a gift.
A memory to tuck away
To be treasured at a later time.
For at this moment
I am kneeling
In a pew
With my father on my left and my mother on my right
Feeling so blessed
To be sharing this moment
With them.
They are unaware of each other’s contribution to this symphony
Or the effect this moment is having on me.
Light streams through stained glass windows
Creating patterns which today we observe but do not see.
We are together yet in our own places
Inside ourselves among our thoughts
With music and light filling the spaces in between.


Mother
Her
The
Home

No comments:

Post a Comment